Tuesday 14 February 2012

Emedinews:Inspiration:Fill me, Lord



Fill me with the fruits of your Spirit, Lord.
Fill me with love, so that I seek to understand and appreciate the rich variety and diversity of life that surrounds me.
Fill me with joy, so that I celebrate your presence in each and every moment I am on this earth.
Fill me with peace, so that I know how to ease those angry and sometimes violent urges that well up inside of me.
Fill me with patience, so that I stop rushing long enough to witness your miraculous work taking place all around me (and within me!)
Fill me with kindness, so that I take the extra time to help the one in need, even when it isn't convenient for me.
Fill me with faithfulness, so that I place my mind, heart and all that I do in the service of your Gospel.
Fill me with gentleness, so that others know that I believe in a God who loves and cares for all people.
Fill me with self-control, so that I act not on my impulses and urges, but rather on my beliefs and values, which are rooted in you.
Fill me with these fruits of your spirit, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment