Friday 8 February 2013

Emedinews:Inspiration:Learning from children



 My daughter mentioned something today that made me think and want to share it with you.
 I just learned from my daughter, Gabrielle. She asked me what I think about the average fourth grader. I asked her why. She said in school she was doing a project on the average fourth graders and didn't feel totally comfortable with it. Simply, when she looked around her classroom she clearly saw that each of her classmates was different, unique and that none fit perfectly into this average 'label'.
 A 9-year-old was quickly intelligent enough to rip apart 'the label' so it wouldn't blind her to the facts of the individuality and uniqueness of her fellow classmates/human beings.
 I've always said, "If you put toddlers/children representing many skin colors and cultures in a playground, they'd play." It seems to me there are some things adults can learn from children.

No comments:

Post a Comment