1. Avoid performing routine post-operative deep vein thrombosis ultrasonography screening in patients who undergo elective hip or knee arthroplasty.
2. Don't use needle lavage to treat patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee for long-term relief.
3. Don't use glucosamine and chondroitin to treat patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
4. Don't use lateral wedge insoles to treat patients with symptomatic medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee.
5. Don't use post-operative splinting of the wrist after carpal tunnel release for long-term relief.