Monday 24 October 2011

Emedinews:Inspiration: My Little Miracle

I had just turned 19 when I was told I could not have children. I was devastated. Ever since I was a small child, I had prayed for a beautiful blonde haired, blue eyed baby girl. I used to pray to God that before He decided to come back for His children, He would allow me to have a baby girl. I was in a serious relationship at the time that I thought would last forever. He told me that he would love nothing more than to have a child to care for and love. I prayed that the doctors were wrong and that maybe if I prayed hard enough, God would prove them wrong.

Every night I would pray, "God, please let me be a mother. Let me have the honor of caring for one of your children." Just three months later, I found out I was pregnant. I had a very hard pregnancy. High blood pressure kept the doctors on alert. I found out I had Strep B, which could be fatal to the baby. I was scared. I didn't want to lose her. Every day I prayed that she would be OK. At only 33 weeks, she attempted to be born. "No," I prayed. "Not this early. Please. Just one more week at least. She needs to gain more weight." I was immediately hospitalized and put on total bed rest. I was given nothing to eat or drink for three days. On the fourth day, the doctors finally said I could eat and drink, that my body was doing what it was supposed to in preventing the birth.

Just a couple of days later, when I had reached 34 weeks, the doctors decided it was safe enough for me to have her. I was induced, and at 4:57 pm on September 18, 1998, I had the most beautiful blonde haired, blue-eyed baby girl. I named her Jessie-Mae Marie. She is now two-years-old and the best thing to ever happen to me. A real gift from God. No, her father and I are no longer together. He decided being a father was not for him. I am not sad about that. I am sad for him. He is missing out on her growing up and will probably always regret it.

So, if any of you are told there is no chance for you to have children, remember this. God still works miracles. He worked a big one in my life and I will always be grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment